Our American Travels

Our American Travels
Our Journey Across America

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Maiden Towing Trip with New Cruiser

Cruisers maiden voyage with our van.
Hi Everyone,

With 2 weeks before we leave Kalgoorlie, we had a Party invitation to a friends 50th just outside of Toodyay (about a 6 hour drive) - so we though perfect opportunity to take the van as we hadn't towed with the new Cruiser yet!
Well everything worked perfectly :) Dave was really impressed with the power of the new car. But of course after confirming we do have the Power it was time to back off a little to save the fuel :(

We free caamped the first night just outside of Kal at Boondie Rock:

Then we headed off the next morning after a lovely cooked breakfast :)

We came across a few wide loads too:

We got to the party about 4pm - it started at 5 so plenty of time to set up:

Ha - didnt have to do much, just level out with the airbags! :)
The party was on a property in a shed. Anna had chosen an anything 60's theme for the occassion
Everyone really looked great:

Bob Marley - AKA Squid!
Dave, me & Scooby AKA Bob!

Margie & Ray
Hippy & The Mad Hatter

Dave & Bob
Every man's dream Bar in the shed!
Scooby & Cruella - Bob & Birthday Girl Anna.
It was a really good night, we retired to our van about 11pm after quite a few Bundy's :) But the rest partied on until 2am!

We were treated to a lovely BBQ breakfast before we headed off the next morning.

We spent Sunday night at another free camp - Karalee Rock, which was pretty good. Heaps of vans in there.

Now we are back in Kalgoorlie with 11 days until we leave - Yeh!!!!!!!!!
We head off on Saturday 5th May heading up to Leonora than across the Great Central towards Ularu - Weather permitting of course - otherwise it is across the Nullabor.

We will keep you all updated as things progress,
Cheers & Happy Travels


  1. Hi Shell & Dave

    I have been off the air for a while I sorted out this communication issue I have had with Telsta.

    Been watching your up dates....great reads.

    Tday 28th April we are in Charleville and heading northwest Sunday 29th.

    Might cross paths somewhere

    Safe travels

    1. Hi Guys,
      Glad to hear from you.
      We head off next Saturday but we will have to wait until the end of the week when we ring about road conditions to see which way we go.
      Either way we will be in Mt Isa in a couple of weeks. are you heading that way?

      Cheers Shell


Thankyou for visiting our Travel Blog.Please leave a comment and tell us what you think.